Monday, November 26, 2012

Disappointed

A few weeks ago there was this huge local media splash about Chick-a Fil opening in  Peoria.  I guess the corporate anti-gay stance and the throngs of people camping out for free food requires mass amounts of free media attention.

Without fanfare or local media frenzy, locally owned, independent  El Nopal Authentic Mexican Restaurant opened at 3127 N. Prospect Avenue (corner of N. Prospect and Elmhurst) opened this past Saturday.  Haven't made it in yet to try it out...just noticed it had finally opened.

Kudos local media for treating new restaurant openings equally. I wish El Nopal the best. 

Glad the corporate food giants of the world get free advertising from our local media.  They need all the help they can get to sell us unimaginative, mass produced at a central location, shipped to Peoria excuse for good food.  Oh, wait, that seems to be what a lot of Peorians want.

3 comments:

Vonster said...

Sorry but I still miss Pepe Taco.

Randall said...

Not me and I will visit El Nopal. I had a Chic Fil A and to me, it was nothing great that I should have waited in line for 20 minutes for.

Support your local businesses.

Jennifer said...

Havne't been to Chick-Fil-A and won't go, but I'd love to try El Nopal. I can't picture where on Prospect that is, though.